Arranging Next Panel Discussion

I am currently in the process of arranging my next panel discussion to review the progress of my interventions and discuss the most effective and innovative adaptations of these interventions possible. I will utilise this opportunity to create a form of expert sounding board of ideas in the hope that this method can validate my research as well as helping it to push past the predictable.

I have reached out to everyone previously involved in my plane discussion. These individuals being biophilic and biomimetic design experts including: Kristina Libby (biophilic expert), Leonardo Binetti (biomimetic expert), Williem van Bolderen (biophilic expert) and Rajalakshmi Iyer (biophilic expert). I also asked these experts if they knew of anyone else who would be suitable for the discussion and if so to ask them to get in touch! (see below email).

I am also reaching out to experts that hadn’t taken part in the previous panel to try to create new angles of discussion and varying dynamics. This outreach has been largely conducted through messaging people on LinkedIn who have suitable roles in their profession fo ruth discussion (see list below).

The discussion will take place on the same platform as the previous panel, this being StreamYard, as this worked well. The recording of the discussion will also be uploaded to the Nature.In YouTube channel just as done previously. The discussion will run via a series of prompts yet again, however this time they will be images and questions centred around the results of my interventions, both those conducted at the Chelseas Collage of Arts, such as the Herb Event, as well as my online sharing group. This method of prompts for progression throughout the discussion also helped for seamless transitions between topics in the last panel whilst still allowing everyone to input as much a they desired on each topic; thus it is being employed once again.

For this panel there will again be the opportunity for a live audience to ask questions throughout the discussion, as it will be being live streamed on YouTube and so people will be able to comment on the YouTube video any questions they have, which the experts and myself will be able to discuss. I will spend greater attention to attract a live audience for this panel and get confirmation that some people will be in attendance, as for the last panel a live audience was invited, but sadly no one showed up at the given time. I will also try to gather questions from customers via the online sharing group, which can be but to the experts in the discussion, if people are unable at attend the live event. This will hopefully create more stimulating conversations around the future of my interventions.

Feedback:

So far I have heard back from Rajalakshmi who is sadly unable to attend the panel discussion this time due to being busy with her own work commitments. I have also heard from Leonardo and Kristina who are keen to take part in the discussion once again. Additionally, both Rajalakshmi and Leonardo both commented that they were impressed with the progress I have made on my project so far, which was very encouraging.

Experts in Attendance of the Panel

Confirmed:

Leonardo Binetti – Biomimetics expert (took part in previous panel)

Kristina Libby- Biophilic Expert (took part in pervious panel)

Possible Attendants Awaiting to Confirm Their Availability:

Catie Ryan – Biophilic Expert from Terrapin Bright Green (Large Biophilic Design firm in New York)

Heidi Lenarts – Biophilic Expert focusing on nature based workplaces

Lianne Bongers – Biophilic Expert designing healthy interiors

Kim Ashmore – Hospitality Expert

Contacted But Unavailable:

• Bill Browning – Head of Terrapin Bright Green (he recommended Catie as he is on jury service)
  • Bettina Bolten – Biophilic design consultant, she is interested but on holiday at the time of the panel
  • Rajalakshmi Iyer- Biophilic expert (took part in previous discussion), busy with work commitments

Contacted But No Responses Thus Far:

• Amanda Sturgeon – Biophilic expert in regenerative design
  • Vincent Callebaut – Biomimetics expert
  • Tejal Patel – Hospitality professional
  • Louise Fawcett – Hospitality professional
  • Williem van Bolderen – biophilic expert (took part in previous discussion)

Reflection

I will continue to contact more experts over the coming days so that I can ensure I have a solid base of experts confirmed. I aim for at leats 4 experts to be in attendance again, just as there were last time. I will also start to promote the panel via the online sharing group, Nature. In instagram page, as well as on other relevant Facebook and LinkedIn pages I am a member of.

I am excited to run this second panel discussion, as I feel it will be a key opportunity to gain knowledge from experts in avenues I may not have considered to most effectively innovate and adapt my interventions.