Agenda for Discussion – How can nature improve wellbeing in cities?

Due to having only secured 1 panellist for the discussion due to time constraints and people being very busy in the run-up to Christmas; I am running this discussion as more of a podcast-style talk with audience questions at the end.

The panellist is Kristina Libby, an expert in biophilic design who has been involved in running a covid memorial project centred around biophilia and has a background in technology; exploring the links in how technology can connect us to nature. Kristina has been involved in the previous two-panel discussions and so she is very familiar with the project.

The discussion will run Thursday, November 11th at 1pm and will be streamed to the Nature In Youtube Channel via stream yard. The youtube link for the discussion will be posted on the Nature In Instagram page and in the LinkedIn Community to direct the audience to view the talk.

The Agenda for the discussion between Kristina and I can be seen below:

How can nature improve wellbeing in cities?

• Short background on you
  • How do you utilise nature in your work/ profession? 
    • Either for inspiration or directly implementing it into your practise? 
  • What are the benefits of interacting with nature – to physical and mental wellbeing / importance of nature if our lives
    • Exploring the various benefits and how they can be achieved 
    • Can nature be prescribed as a form of therapy – if it’s introduced into city spaces then the form of natural therapy would be a part of daily life and so not needing to be prescribed?
  • How do you interact with nature in cities?
    • What do you do to feel the benefits of nature when in the city? 
      • Walking with nature, higher air quality – recreating the setting of outdoors inside
    • What is you favourite recent experience of nature in the city?
  • How can nature be included in internal city spaces?  
    • Design elements – adding plants, taking inspiration from nature in patterns and lights
    • Workplaces/ hospitality/ public spaces?
    • Events/ experiences?
  • Final thought – easy idea to include nature in your work/ day today 
  • Any audience questions

Promotion of Discussion

Reflection

It is unfortunate that I haven’t been able to secure any more panellists this time around. However, this panel has been organized in a much shorter time frame than the previous two, as the recent evolution of my project to be around developing the Nature In Community has consumed the majority of the time to get it up and running. I have now planned out my monthly topics for the panels for the next year including ideas for panel guests so this issue shouldn’t arise again. I will post this planning of the content in an upcoming post.

However, I am looking forward to running the talk in a different format, as the podcast style focusing on one person will allow for greater insights and understanding into Kristina’s work and personal opinions and ideas on how nature can benefit city dwellers.