Feedback on Creating Nature In Community

Feedback

So far, I have had an overwhelmingly positive response to my creation of the Nature In Community on LinkedIn. I have included the responses I have received from experts and professionals involved in natural design below.

This feedback is resultant from emailing the stakeholders I have connected with throughout the course of my project and asking if they would like to join the community.

Additionally, I have included feedback from new contacts that I have just reached out to via LinkedIn and messaged asking if they would like to join the community. I have identified these people through searching different professions and looking and contacts of contacts to discover this who work in or may be interested in applying natural design.

Many professionals in the group are leading experts in their field of expertise, which provides strong validity and academic standing for the community to gain respect and interest from other professionals.

Existing Contacts Joining The Nature In Community

Negative Feedback

I have received some feedback stating that some individuals aren’t on LinkedIn/ don’t utilise the platform. I am aware of this obstacle meaning that I am unable to reach all stakeholders and individuals that may be interested in my project. However, in order to get the community up and running utilising a pre-established platform such as LinkedIn is crucial to ensure early growth. In the future, I am looking to expand the community possibly to a website or app space that will be accessible to all, but I am going to allow this decision to be dictated by the needs of the community.

I responded to this feedback asking what platforms would better suit them to access the community.

Meghan responded to say that she would access the community if it was hosted on platforms such as Slack and Discord. therefore, I will explore these platforms to look to expand the community onto them or host certain aspects of the community on them. For example, allowing for deeper community discussion and collaboration on Slack.

Demand for Nature In Community

The demand for the Nature In Community is also demonstrated by the sheer lack of communities aiming to foster a space for innovative applications of nature in city spaces. There are only even 9 groups on LinkedIn that feature the world biophilic design.

Reflection

The great response to creating the community has solidified the need and demand for the group to exist. Subsequently, the feedback has provided encouragement and a very positive outlook for the future of the community. Additionally, feedback commenting on the platform of LinkedIn being utilsied has opened my eyes to explore the platforms of Slack and Discord for the community, which I hadn’t previously considered.