Involvement with CSM Climate Emergency Network

I have been aware of the work the CSM Climate Emergency Network is undertaking for some time. The network offers a necessary voice of the CSM community to action change in aiding the climate crisis. 

However, I haven’t been an active participant in this group due to restrictions on my time and having made the decision that my efforts are best focused upon driving the success of my project. This is due to the aims of my project focusing upon bringing nature into city spaces and aiding the climate crisis as a secondary benefit of the inclusion of nature into spaces. Whereas the climate network focuses largely on the wider issues of the climate crisis and how they should be tackled.

This does not mean that my overall ideals don’t align with theirs, I admire the work they are conducting and will continue to follow it past the point of my masters and hopefully, I will be able to engage more actively as alumni. Campaigns of the Climate Network that I have included new materials and rewilding are the most closely linked to the aims of my project and so I intend to get in touch with people involved in these areas and learn more about their work and any future collaborations that may be possible with them.

I have subscribed to the Climate Network newsletter and follow them on instagram so that I can keep updated with their progress.

Reflection

I am looking forward to having more time after the completion of my maters in which I will be able to become a more active participant in the Climate Network. I am very interested in the work they are conducting and I wish to ensure that my wider commercial and political awareness is expanded regarding the climate crisis.

I will also contact the Climate network to ask if they would be interested in utilising my work as an example of how the climate crisis can be aided through the integration of nature into city spaces. Additionally, I will invite anyone interested to the Nature In Community so that they can expand their knowledge in biophilia and learn how they can introduce it into their work and spaces to benefit their wellbeing and the wellbeing of the planet.